Welcome to Friday Food Flicks where, together, we will curate cool food-related photos and videos. Please share your food flicks here.
Here on this site, we continue to punch out greens-related posts (leafy greens) and recipes (polenta with greens) and we try hard to even eat them every day. We are also captivated with schizandra berry, hoping to get an energy boost from it and if it’s all just a placebo effect, that the placebo effect continue for a very long time.
We are excited about and busy with Easter, of course, and obviously a whole lot of you are too. Here are some posts from last week in the spirit of Easter.
Pickle Me Too offered yellow pickled curried eggs which you might do with your boiled Easter eggs. Days before Easter in our house, our Easter eggs have already undergone such temperature abuse and are likely to be hidden about seventeen times before it is all over, so I have already decided to feed them to the local mountain lions. If the situation were different, I might pickle them.
If you haven’t gotten around to dying your eggs and you are up for an adventure, try using natural dyes. Katie at This Chick Cooks gives us an easy method. The nice thing about natural dyes is that there is much more variation in the color of the eggs. Use different colored eggs as your base color (white, brown, and green eggs) and you end up with an incredible collection of eggs. It helps to have an assortment of hens to make this happen. Without a flock of layers, use Katie’s method of submerging the eggs for varying amounts of time.
Family Naturally offers a round-up article with resources on natural Easter celebrations.
Now, share your post!
Inspire some sort of emotion in us with your flick:
“Mmmmm!:” Good food!
“Awwww!:” Cute kids, eating, cooking, or gardening!
“Ewwww!:” Industrial food!
“Oooooo!:” Great idea!
Or best yet: a big belly laugh.
If your flick is of professional quality, you might inspire a bit of envy too, but it is not required.
Give your picture a headline that inspires us to click through, read more, and even Pin It.
- Post only photos and videos for which you have a copyright. Posting them gives us permission to feature them here, Facebook, or elsewhere where we will link back to your post if we feature you.
- Feel free to post photos and videos from your archive, just link back.
- From your flick pic, link right back to this post lest the Internet police show up at your door, flog you with wet noodles, and not feature you here.
- Come back in a day or so and check out the other flicks!
Share your great food-inspired photos:
You might also enjoy:
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 2/10/2012
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 3-23-2012
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 3-30-2012
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link-Up for 3/2/12
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up For 1/20/12