Welcome to another Friday and another photo-inspired link up.
We are SO busy here gardening and foraging for wild greens, I can’t keep up with ANYTHING, but I am feeling pretty good. The nutrients in our very-green soup (recipe coming) is beating out all of the foxtails in my socks. I also feel pretty invincible having found a simple remedy for stinging nettle this week.
I was reading through your posts from last week and have to say this: You must all try hibiscus tea if you haven’t. We wrote about hibiscus flower here last year and Emily at Holistic Kid added it to our food flicks last week. There is some evidence that hibiscus tea helps Type 2 diabetes, but I just love hibiscus tea to give to the kids and to cool off myself on a hot summer day.
I have a little story with a moral — shop for hibiscus in a Mexican grocery. I actually found hibiscus in a Von’s grocery store once, which is just a regular old grocery store here in the West. I put it in the plastic bag and took it to the register. The cashier thought it was from Mars, never did find the code, and charged me for some sort of mushroom. About two weeks later I was in my hometown of Delano, California (home of the United Farm Workers and Cesar Caves) and I saw two large bins of Jamaica. I filled a bag, looked at the skinned cow head in the meat department, and I got in line. I was ready to say to the cashier, “This is jamaica…” when the woman scanned my other items, reached for the jamaica, giving it a passing glance, and typed in the code.
That woman knew jamaica by touch. Wow.
A friend added, “You grew up in Mexico.”
Yes I did and, in Mexico, they have a secret to staying cool and drinking well and it’s in a red flower. You must all try hibiscus tea if you haven’t.
Now, share your post!
Inspire some sort of emotion in us with your flick:
“Mmmmm!:” Good food!
“Awwww!:” Cute kids, eating, cooking, or gardening!
“Ewwww!:” Industrial food!
“Oooooo!:” Great idea!
Or best yet: a big belly laugh.
If your flick is of professional quality, you might inspire a bit of envy too, but it is not required.
Give your picture a headline that inspires us to click through, read more, and even Pin It.
- Post only photos and videos for which you have a copyright. Posting them gives us permission to feature them here, Facebook, or elsewhere where we will link back to your post if we feature you.
- Feel free to post photos and videos from your archive, just link back.
- From your flick pic, link right back to this post lest the Internet police show up at your door, flog you with wet noodles, and not feature you here.
- Come back in a day or so and check out the other flicks!
Share your great food-inspired photos:
You might also enjoy:
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 2/10/2012
- Friday Food Flicks: A Photo-Inspired Link Up for 4-27-2012
- Friday Food Flicks: A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 5-11-2012
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up for 3-23-2012
- Friday Food Flicks — A Food-Inspired Photo Link Up For 4/13/2012