This recipe is dedicated to the memory of eating Filipino food at the Bamboo Hut. If the Bamboo Hut still existed, I wouldn’t have tried to figure out how to reproduce the flavors of our favorite: Balamiki Chicken. With the original version, thin strips of meat were marinated and then strung on wooden skewers for grilling. My version keeps the flavor with half the work.
Balamiki Chicken Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been rolled flat
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons Tamari (soy) sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
Balamiki Chicken Steps
- Wash, pat dry, and roll the chicken breasts.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large, non-reactive container, like glass. I use a large, glass baking dish.
- Dredge the chick breasts through the marinade, taking care to completely cover the surfaces of each piece. Let the sit in the marinade for a few hours in the refrigerator, turning the chicken once or twice.
- Cook on the barbeque. Stay with it. They will cook fast. The neighbors will be looking over the fence to see what is for dinner.
You might also enjoy: