We eat a lot of eggs in this house and it certainly helps to mix things up a bit. For added flavor, nutrition, and eye appeal, I offer eggs fried in bell pepper rings. The idea flew around social media this summer and we finally got around to trying it. It’s actually pretty simple.
- Start with a non-stick pan, preferably a well-seasoned cast iron skillet. Warm the pan to medium high heat (or as you would with any sunnyside up egg).
- Oil the pan as you would with a fried egg.
- Add one bell pepper ring. Cook the ring if you want a better-cooked pepper. The color will fade a bit in the cooking.
- Crack an egg into the ring.
- If egg white slips under the edges of the pepper, let it cook and scrape it away at the end.
- Cover the egg with a lid until the egg white is cooked through and until the yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Garnish with parsley or any fresh herb available.
You might also enjoy: