Hardly worthy of a “recipe,” did you realize that grapes freeze well and make great little bite-sized popsicles?
Indeed they do.
Using any sweet grape, freeze a stash for a hot day. My mom and her friend spent one legendary week painting a house in 107 degree temperatures and ate an entire case of these frozen grapes to survive the heat.
Keep in mind that freezing them in this way is not a solution for preserving grapes. The nice “crunch” they have fresh will be gone once they are defrosted, but they will be extra-crunchy as miniature popsicles.
Grape Popsicle Ingredients
- Your favorite grapes. (Pictured are Flames.)
Grape Popsicle Steps
- Wash your grapes well and allow them to drain dry.
- Place dry grapes on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- In an hour or more transfer the grapes to a plastic freezer bag or other freezer storage container.
- Remove your grape popsicles from the freezer as you need them. They will defrost quickly on a hot day.
You might also enjoy: